Maintain Your Oral Health with Dental Exams and Professional Cleanings
If you take care of your teeth, they'll take care of you. But did you know that a healthy smile requires more than daily brushing and flossing? Regular dental exams and professional cleanings are just as important as your daily oral health routine to maintaining a beautiful smile for years to come. General dentistry treatments, like cleanings and exams, are imperative for catching damage at the first signs. Schedule your next dental exam and professional cleaning with Montreal dentist Roni S. Berbari.
The Importance of Dental Exams and Professional Cleanings
Brushing twice a day and flossing daily are important to oral health, but even if you practice the most diligent at-home care, regular dental exams and professional cleanings should still be scheduled once every six months. Dental exams and professional cleanings should go hand-in-hand with your daily oral health care routine to ensure the complete health of your teeth and gums. Even if you follow all home-care guidelines, brushing and flossing can leave behind plaque in hard to reach areas. In addition, if decay or another problem does develop, it probably won’t exhibit any symptoms until the condition has progressed to a more serious stage.
Regular dental exams and cleanings can:
- Reduce plaque and tartar buildup: Plaque and its hard, mineralized form, tartar, can lead to many oral health issues like gum disease and tooth decay. The molars and gum line are notorious for plaque and tartar build-up since these areas are more difficult to clean. A professional cleaning can remove plaque and tartar left by daily cleanings.
- Reduce the risk of gum disease: Gum disease is one of the leading oral health problems facing Americans today, and it's preventable. Gum disease is an infection caused by bacteria, plaque, and tartar. Regular dental exams allow dentists to check for signs of gum disease, and cleanings help reduce the risk of gum infection.
- Reduce the risk of tooth decay: The main causes of tooth decay are plaque, tartar, and bacteria. Though daily brushing and flossing can remove this build-up from the teeth, there are areas that can be difficult to adequately clean. Professional cleanings are key to keeping hard to reach areas clean, while regular dental exams can pinpoint areas of risk.
- Prevent major dental damage: Regular dental exams and professional cleanings help prevent major dental damage by catching any issues at their earliest signs.
- Prevent the need for costly treatments: By catching dental issues early and preventing damage in the first place, regular dental exams and cleanings can help save money over time by preventing the need for costly treatments.
- Ensure a healthy smile for years to come: Properly caring for you smile by brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and seeing your dentist for regular exams and cleanings can help ensure a healthy smile for years to come.
Schedule Your Next Dental Exam and Professional Cleaning
It's never too late to get your oral health on track. Schedule your next dental exam and professional cleaning with Dr. Berbari.