Let’s take a closer look at how dental implants work…
Missing teeth make everyday tasks such as chewing and speaking difficult and even embarrassing.
Dental implants are widely considered the gold standard in tooth replacement. They are durable, biocompatible, and financeable.
What makes dental implants the preferred method of tooth replacement…
Are Dental Implants Common among Patients with Missing Teeth?
*According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
Advancing techniques and technologies in the field of dentistry have helped more patients than ever access dental implant treatment. Patients with bone loss and dental phobia can still undergo dental implant surgery thanks to procedures such as bone augmentation and deep level sedation.
How do I know if I qualify for dental implants?
Schedule a Free Consultation
There are certain requirements for patients interested in dental implants. In order to determine that you are a good candidate, Dr. Roni Berbari and his team will assess your medical history, oral health, and conduct 3D imaging. Initial consultations for implant treatment are free at our office.
Candidacy requirements for dental implants include:
What exactly happens during surgery?
During implant placement, Dr. Berbari will embed the post into your jawbone.
How long is it going to take to achieve a complete smile?
Your Treatment Timeline Can Span Several Months
Depending on the condition of your smile and overall end goals, treatment could span several months.
- Extraction: Dr. Berbari can extract an infected or damaged tooth and perform a socket preservation graft to prepare the area for dental implants. In some cases, he can place an implant on the same day. But for most patients, we prefer to let the extraction site heal for two months prior to implant surgery.
- Bone Augmentation: If your 3D images show that bone loss has occurred, we can perform an in-office bone graft or sinus lift. We have two types of grafts available. Autografts utilize bone from another part of your body while allografts use bone from a genetically similar organism.
- Osseointegration: Your bone graft will fuse with your surrounding bone tissue over the next three to six months. Once your graft is fully healed, we can perform implant surgery.
- Dental Implant Placement: During surgery, you will be placed under either intravenous or oral conscious sedation. Dr. Berbari will place the implants himself using a surgical guide to ensure accuracy. Although the length of your surgery will vary depending on how many implants you are receiving, most procedures are completed within one to two hours.
- Healing: With proper care, most patients are fully recovered within three to four months. To promote osseointegration during your recovery, you should avoid smoking and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Abutments: When you are fully healed, you will come back to our office to receive your abutments. We will also take impressions on the same day.
- Custom Restorations: Your impressions will be sent to a local lab where a skilled lab technician will carefully craft your crowns, bridges, or dentures.
- Delivery: A few days later, you will come back to our practice so that we can attach your final restoration.
Once you receive your final restoration, you can care for your implants just like your natural teeth.
The final results? See for yourself...
So what exactly will dental implants cost me?
The Cost of Dental Implants Varies from Patient to Patient
Although many patients worry about the cost of dental implants, a single tooth implant is less expensive than a traditional dental bridge and does not require alteration of healthy surrounding teeth. Although the cost of your treatment will depend on your individual circumstances and additional associated costs, the cost breakdown is generally:
Our practice also offers several financing options and will work with you to find a plan that fits your budget. Some of your options include:
- 12 equal payments with 0 percent interest
- 24 equal payments with 5 percent service charge and zero percent interest
- 48 and 60 equal payments with 8.9 percent interest
We also offer free consultations for dental implant patients.
I’m too embarrassed to do something about my missing teeth….
If You Are Missing Teeth, You Are Not Alone
According to the Canadian Dental Association, approximately 6 in 100 Canadian adults have no remaining teeth. Dental implants can help you get the treatment you deserve.
Very friendly staff, very professional, very helpful. Rudy T.
Dr. Roni Berbari
Dr. Berbari and his team can perform your entire dental implant treatment from start to finish in one office. To provide every patient with the highest level of care, Dr. Berbari continuously undergoes advanced training in implant dentistry, surgical techniques, and cosmetic dentistry.
Start working towards the smile you have always wanted today. Schedule your free dental implant consultation by contacting us online or calling us at (514) 733-3933.