In terms of their effects on both your oral health and the appearance of your smile, missing teeth are hugely problematic. When you are missing one or more of your natural teeth, your smile can appear incomplete, your ability to chew and speak may be affected, and your risk for a variety of dental problems, including gum disease and bite problems, increases dramatically. Fortunately, modern restorative dentistry offers a number of solutions designed to replace missing teeth in virtually every sense, from pure aesthetic appeal to structural integrity and ability to function.
At Montreal Smiles, general and cosmetic dentist Roni Berbari works with patients who are missing one or more of their natural teeth to find solutions that are best suited to their cases based on their unique oral health needs, aesthetic goals, and budget. He discusses the treatment options for missing teeth available at his Montreal, QC practice, along with the advantages and risks of each. The most important thing is that patients who are missing teeth have them replaced as soon as possible, whichever method they use. The longer missing teeth remain untreated, the more damage that can be done to the mouth’s delicate tissues.
If you are missing one or more of your natural teeth, we urge you to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Roni Berbari at Montreal Smiles today.
How Can Dr. Berbari Replace Missing Teeth?
There are multiple treatments that Dr. Berbari can use to replace missing teeth. The replacement option that is best suited to your case will depend on many factors, including the number of teeth you are missing, the state of your gums and jawbone, and your personal goals. The treatments available at Montreal Smiles for the replacement of missing teeth include:
- Implant-supported dental crowns: If you are missing a single tooth, Dr. Berbari will probably recommend that you replace it with an implant-supported dental crown. A dental crown is a porcelain restoration that is customized to replicate the entire visible surface area of a tooth, while a dental implant is an artificial tooth root composed of titanium that is surgically embedded in the jaw. Like all implant-supported restorations, implant-supported dental crowns offer the advantage of exceptional strength and stability, as the dental implants integrate with the jawbone, essentially becoming part of the patient’s natural anatomy. Unlike fixed dental bridges that are used to replace single missing teeth, implant-supported crowns also do not require the alteration of natural teeth or the use of those teeth for support.
- Removable partial dentures: If you are missing multiple teeth on a single arch, removable partial dentures represent a time-honored, quite effective replacement method.
- Fixed dental bridges: Unlike their removable counterparts, fixed dental bridges are held in place by dental crowns attached to the healthy natural teeth on either side of a gap where a tooth or teeth are missing.
- Removable full dentures: Dr. Berbari crafts removable dentures from the finest materials to fit more comfortably and securely and look more like natural teeth than dentures of the past.
- Implant-supported bridges and dentures: If you are missing more than one of your natural teeth, implant-supported bridges and dentures offer the most durable, stable, and secure option for replacing them. Dr. Berbari strategically embeds multiple dental implants in the jaw to secure bridges and dentures permanently in the mouth.
Learn More about Treatments for Missing Teeth
To learn more about treatment options for missing teeth, please contact Montreal Smiles today.